Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Army Half Marathon anyone ?

Cool looking pewter Finisher Medal to be won after you finish

    In my run-up to the 2 major marathons at the end of this year, I have been 'invited' by my running 'khaki', to try the North Face 100 whereby each party runs 50K for a total of 100 K, and all in the Macritchie forest trails. While this may sound worse than a typical marathon, I think that the forest canopy and trails are actually better cushioning than the hard road tar or concrete surface of a road race.

   So, to add to the list of 'to dos' the rest of this year, I plan to run the Army Half Marathon 21K and the North Face 100 and probably take the Treadmill Race off the list. I am at the tipping point time, whereby if I don't aim to do the things I so want to do, age and creaky bones will determine that I can't do them anymore, so :

   "Seize the Day for the days of glory and  youth will come to pass". Lets enjoy the time we have. 


No comments:

Very Good Dry Pork Noodles (Bak Chor Mee) at Evans Road Food Centre

There is a small food centre ( Sprouts Food Place ) by the side of Botanic Gardens and the Swimming Pool, off Evans road and just before Clu...