Monday, July 15, 2013

I'm going for No. 8


            This year marks my 51st in this world, it seems like just yesterday that I was an undergraduate, and then started working in a small MNC called Trio-Tech, got married, started my business in the early 90s, endured the Asian Crisis, went through turbulent times with 2001 September 11, SARs crisis, business disagreement leading to my partners and I agreeing to disband our company, in 2003, I started my own business (again) and now 10 years ago, we are at 2013, and I am going to run my 8th marathon at the right young age of 51.

            Sure, we say life begins at 40, then 50. Who are we really kidding. The fact is that we may have the good fortune and blessings of health, that is something to celebrate, so I am celebrating being 51 by running my 8th (and hopefully 9 - 10th) marathons by this year and (latest), next year.

            I will need to be disciplined in time management, and make my runs worth it. There is only 4 and 1/2 months to go. Will I be able to do it in below 5 hours ?  That is my set goal and I have not gone under 5 hours in 2 over years - the last being in 2010.

           I can and will. Seize the Day.

No comments: