Thursday, August 10, 2023

Business 'Raking' in the Profits ; Why the adjective 'Rake' ?

I have been busy most days during my off work time, doing housework. Its is a daunting task for a person my age, but I try to make the most of it and I have managed to convince myselt the health benefits of hard labour at the beginning and at the end of the work day - it is worth it.

I was surprised that the common adjective any business when they are doing good, the term 'raking' in the profits comes to mind.  You know why ?

Today I found out why.

I have a small lawn 5 m long x 34 m wide. Every day I vigorously rake it with this rake below.to dig up the small leaves blown down from the small plants on the side of the frangipani tree. They are small like 3cm x 2 cm x 5 mm and strewn all over the lawn. For a young old person like myself - to go down on all fours and pick up each and every one is a backbreaking task !

So the use of the trustry rake. A wooden contraption made of stiff bamboo fingers with sharp ends and good for digging up stuff just under the surface of the grass.  


Raking is all of the below 

1. It requires Hard Effort and work. I need to dig into the grass and pull it in one direction thus disengaging the leaf which may be below the grass. The leaves are spread wherever the wind blows.

2. It requires Strength from the person raking the lawn.

3. It requires Focus to ensure the leaves all end up in a small pile

4. It requires Stamina to get the job done.

Business Profits easy to make ?   Raking is Hard Work ! Hence making Profits for a Business requires 

1. Hard Effort

2. Strength and Perseverence

3. Focus on the Core Strategies

4. Stamina and Grit to get to the serious Money  
 

Anyone who says a business can just open and Roll in the Moolah  must be 

a) A conman

b) Deluded bordering on mental institution admission

c) Totally inexperienced and a Believer of Fairy Tales "and they lived happily ever after" types. 

d) A bit of all 3 above


                                                Carpe Diem   

 


No comments: