Saturday, September 7, 2024

Pano Kato Tanglin Mall - Surprisingly Good Greek Food



Pita with 3 types of Dip 


The House of Anli of which Pano Kato Greek Restaurant is a part of, is one of our regular Saturday night haunts with the family. Since the younger son Andrew is studying in Brisbane Australia, the 3 of us have ventured all around the island for the best of Asian, Mediterranean and even African food.

Today, as I depart for a red eye flight to Sheyang China, I am penning this post before catching the Grab to the airport. Here is my review of Pano Kato dishes. 

Pita Bread with 3 types of Dip. (Price S$ 28)  

This dish came within 5 minutes upon ordering. The bread was warmed (probably kept in the oven) and the 3 dips were excellent. We ordered 

a) Hummus 

Its a paste made from chickpea, paprika, lemon, evoo and tahini. I enjoy this healthy dip every other week for breakfast with olive crackers. This is my normal breakfast dip.

b) Tzatziki

Made from Greek Yoghurt, cucumber, garlic and evoo.   Very refreshing especially with the cucumber zing

c) Melitzanosalata 

My personal favorite, as it reminds me of the dahl type dip which I would eat with Idly when I was a little kid and my dad brought me to Anandha Bhavan to try the Rava Dosai 

Its made from roasted eggplant, spicy capsicum, garlic and lemon.



Wagyu Beef Soulvaki Kebab 


Wagyu Beef Soulvaki (Price S$ 32) 

My second favourite dish of the night. The grilled skewered beef was tender, flavourful and slightly moist which was very pleasing to the palate. The dips was the Tzazitki which was a repeat of the Pita dips but it was a great foil to the beef. There was a slice of lemon to add some zing to the taste.

I would order this again. 





 Grilled Pork Rib 

Grilled Pork Rib (S$ 38) 

My favourite dish of the evening. I had 2 ribs and I must say that the pork flavour was great, tender and moist and the grill was just well done. The fresh salad was a welcome foil although I felt the dip was something from Subway (rather sweet) so I avoided the dip. The portion of this rib was huge, so its well worth a try.

For solo diners this would be perfect. 



Grilled Chicken Soulvakis 

Grilled Chicken Soulvakis (Price S$ 28) 

The meat again was tender, tasty and moist with just the right amount of burnt ends. I am not really into grilled chicken and had chicken rice (boiled chicken) for lunch perhaps that is why I didn't think this dish as exceptional





All in all it was an excellent meal. We have visited Pano Kato at least 6 times, and I must say that today, the food must have been the most satisfying of the 6 visits.

My review

Ambience :  4 / 5     Very laid back and not too crowded for a Saturday night. My kind of place.

Food        :  5  / 5     Top Notch 

Value for 
Money     :  4.5 / 5   As far as Greek restaurants go, this is affordable with each pax paying 
                                about $70 (including service and GST)

Service    :  4   /  5   Prompt and friendly but not nearly as prompt as I would want it to be. 

Overall    :    4.61    (Near Excellence) 







No comments:

Form Good Habits for Life ; then become the best version of yourself.

L ife has a funny way of telling you what is right and wrong. When we were young, we played catching, looking for spiders in the neighbourho...