Friday, January 22, 2010

A new year, another run


Passion Run

2010 is the year of the Tiger, and as a a Tiger, I intend to make known my personal running goals to eveyone :

These are :

a) Run 2 marathons ; and also to break the 4 hour 30 minute mark in 1 marathon
b) Run in as many warmup races to the year end Marathon.

Singapore, in the last 3 years has been organising plenty of races, we now have :

a) Adidas Sundown night race (42km and 84km) - May
b) Zoo Run - 10 km in memory of Ah Meng, the famous zoo mascot who died in 2008 -Feb
c) Northeast Run - 21 km in March
d) Mizuno Mount Faber Run in June
e) Safra Army and Half Marathon in August
f) Standard Chartered Full Marathon in December


On the picture above is the Passion Run and I have signed up as part of a team with a teammate to run a total of 50km.I can't wait to start training !

If anyone from QRA is interested to sign up and join let me know, I would be most happy to fund the registration and 1 night's stay for this event as I have always encouraged taking up this sport as a healty way of life.

1 comment:

Kannan said...

Hi Mark,

Wanted to run for the sundown but fully book and close, maybe this year will go for the 21km Standard chartered Marathon.We miss last year due to knee injuries.