Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year all


Here's wishing all family and friends a happy and Prosperous Chinese New Year of the Dragon !


          At my brother in law's place for lunch today

       Every Chinese New Year for the last 25 years as I recall (1987 or thereabouts), my mother would make  preparations for her entire clan of sisters and only brother to invite them to my house for Chinese New Year. This tradition was stopped last year when my dear mother passed away at the good age of 80 (81 in Chinese terms). So there was no celebration, as with the Chinese custom, there was observance for at least 49 days.  
        This year, our family was invited to my brother in law's house for CNY lunch and later in the evening, my son Noel invited his group of class friends from Sec 4, all young men, to our place for a barbecue and of course, some gambling. So, it was back to meeting of family and friend again.
 
        Lets remember that the bonds of family and friendship are all important in our daily lives, so Chinese NewYear or not, lets set aside time to build the bonds which will be life long lasting.

1 comment:

designfirm said...

Cool pics.Thanks for sharing....