Saturday, December 5, 2015

5th December Reflections

                                          With the 2 student interns from SAJC Wilbert and Angela
 4th Dec 2015 


Today, Saturday 5th December, I woke up early and did a short run of about half hours distance. No timing, no expectations, no need for speed, just a relaxed short run around my neighbourhood. Tomorrow is the 10th marathon I will be attempting to finish and the reflections I have today are as listed below :

I am very fortunate and blessed to live in a stable and safe country such as Singapore, where safety and clean air (well most of the time), water, good morally upright leaders, schools an infrastructure  are world class - it is the best time to be living in a country such as this.

I am thankful for my general health (apart for some high cholesterol which is under medication), I have a healthy disposition, and appetite. Weight management is something which I am still working on :).

Tomorrow is the Standard Chartered Marathon starting at 5 am. I hope to finish this one in style and a decent time of below 5 hours 30 minutes. Its just a target, and I will listen to my body first.

My lovely wife, and 2 sons who are good upright men. They keep me grounded and focussed on the big picture of bringing up the next generation of family in the Abisheganaden clan. I draw on their well being to keep me grounded

My business partners and associates. The economic climate is heading for 'winter', people are tightening their belts and battening down the hatches. We need partners with the resilience and understanding that times will surely get better and those with the right plans and true grit will rideout any storms that are coming or are here.

My friends from primary school, work, karate, running and friends of friends. Without you, how in the world will I get to chill out ???

At the topmost (not last) is the belief and trust in God. We all need some spiritual guidance, I am a Christian and am guided by the good Lord whose works and sayings in the Bible still are so relevant to my daily life.

Seize the Day !

No comments: