Sunday, November 21, 2021

Learning is a Life Long and Never Ending Process.

I manage a small business. Times are tough and business is not easy. We have been through ups and downs, and COVID endemic Singapore is pivoting into the new uncharted territories and my company is ready to take on the new challenges and opportunities.

I am thankful for the Government to make available, 2 training courses at practically zero cost to me in the last 2 years. 



1. SGUnited Skills Business and Digital Transformation Programme conducted by SMU Academy from 7 Oct 2020 till 6 July 2021.

2. SMU Innovation Program Cohort Innovative Mindset 
SMU Academy 6 March 2021 - 17 April 2021.




These 2 course have helped me take stock of where I was as a business owner. I had the tremendous opportunity to learn new things and apply new mindsets to pivot my business using the omni channel strategy to market our products and services worldwide.

The takeaways from these courses I will keep and more importantly, implement in the triumvurate of my mindset, my thought processes and my actions going forward.

The 2 courses and the people I have met recently have given me clarity of thought, solidified my values, made me change my old and bad habits and most importantly, shown me a path ahead which will ultimately lead my small business into (hopefully) many good things.

I will write about the takeaways in separate blog posts soon.

I have understood the true meaning of Lifelong Learning. 

I must never stand still and think that I have 'made it'. That is the biggest lie I will be telling to myself and those around me.

The journey of life is the reward. The accumulation of physical things like assets, property, awards and money along our lives is nothing more than rosettes to validate that we indeed made a mark in our own little biosphere. Pass on the knowledge and experience gained to the next generation to help make our complex world more equitable and less maleovent. We have only one precious earth to live in.

Suffering, change and life's challenges are inevitable. 

Learn  to adapt with those dynamic events. They help us grow in wisdom.

Help the disadvantaged, as with each act of kindness, we validate our existence to serve and continue to build on our capabilities. 


No comments:

Very Good Dry Pork Noodles (Bak Chor Mee) at Evans Road Food Centre

There is a small food centre ( Sprouts Food Place ) by the side of Botanic Gardens and the Swimming Pool, off Evans road and just before Clu...