Sunday, August 7, 2022

Be the Master of your Time ; It is the most precious 'commodity' you have, apart from good health

Today I did something I am really proud of. I went and did some 'me' time. I am currently the sitting President of Ken Shin Kai karate club and have been attending the school for the past 20 years attaining the level of 3 Dan (Sandan). As a routine, I have always set aside time every Sunday to go and help coach the students in the dojo which is based at Tanglin CC.

The dates and times are below, and a shout out for the costs for membership to the karate class :




              With Shotokan Exponent Danail Georgiev in Wurzburg 2010

Ken Shin Kai Karate

Tanglin CC (245 Whitley Road, S'pore 279829.

Date ; Every Sunday

Time : 6.00 pm till 7.30 pm.

As time is running fast away, as our School Song goes, I decided to go for a little drone practice near my house. The forest around my housing estate is really a Godsend for me, as I have been regularly running around the estate for a good 20 odd years, even during the times, we were living at Keng Chin Road, just opposite the current abode.






The practice was really fun, and so was the walk in the cool evening around the estate. I am mindful that my knees, and heels have been used so many times in so many marathons (10 full, 10 half and possibly  3 - 410K runs), that I have to keep whatever cartilage and bone strong for my elderly and finally twilight years.

As I write this post, I am happy that I used the time for me. For my enjoyment and for my health and happiness.

The balance between work, rest and exercise is always a dynamic thing. But the most important thing is that I must be in charge of all of that time.

Carpe Diem my friends. 



 

 



No comments: