Sunday, September 17, 2023

Earth House Restaurant Thong Lor 9


Situated in a Bungalow off Sukhimvit 53, Thonglor Soi 9 is a gem of a restaurant serving purely vegetarian fare, Mediterranean style. I had a full day of rest after 2 busy days in Bangkok from 12 - 14th September, so this place was a lovely treat for me. Its about a 15 minute walk from my serviced apartments in Soi 14 in Ekkamai. 

The address is as shown in the picture below and one thing I noticed when I stepped in was that the place was in total harmony with greenery and the trees around it. Look at the restaurant inside, there are plenty of green living plants along all the walls. When I stepped outside into the courtyard and headed to the bathroom, the open courtyard stood under the Banyan tree and was something out of a movie. 



Address of the Earth House. It is situated off Sukhumvit 53 and Along Thonglor 9, so the 112 / 2 I guess is that there are 2 houses in the Unit 112  

So without much further ado, I decided to try the avocado toast. There were 3 slices of sourdough bread and the avocado paste was done very nicely. See the picture below. It was really tasty and there were really fresh sides of lettuce and cherry tomatoes which made my meal delightful. I also had an Americano coffee to complement my breakfast. 



Beautiful Courtyard for any event 

There are a few faithful clients who patronise this and they appear to be the international tourists and some your urban Gen Z types whose 'office' is their laptops and mobile phones. All the power to them for this new way of working across any time zone, culture, and language.

Will I venture again to this oasis of calm ? The answer is obvious. 






Video showing the Chill Place in all its morning glory 


 Mushroom Risotto 

No comments:

Very Good Dry Pork Noodles (Bak Chor Mee) at Evans Road Food Centre

There is a small food centre ( Sprouts Food Place ) by the side of Botanic Gardens and the Swimming Pool, off Evans road and just before Clu...