Tuesday, July 7, 2026

Approaching a major milestone in viewership 1,000,000 - A Humbling Experience

 


Marshal Zhang Xue Liang - Generalissimo of Lioning Province. 

Within the next week, I estimate that this blog will reach the 1,000,000 viewership mark. I intend to continue writing to the best of my ability and give my opinions on as many things as I can during the course of this lifetime. I would be happy for people to challenge my views and to have a debate, as no one person, religion nor political party has the complete understanding of world and domestic events so there must and always need be, to have dissenting voices, not for the sake of dissenting, but to ensure that whatever views which are prevailing ones can be challenged and fairly.



Marshal Zhang's Mansion.

I have always had a soft spot for the smaller or inferior player, be it in football, in a street fight, football match or even in political debates. The reason is that the smaller and so called inferior player or team is ready to tackle the big boy head on. That shows grit, courage and persaverence. Something which you find in the winners of the business world nowadays. 
Every company starts small and had numerous setbacks, Apple was born out of Steve Jobs garage, Alibaba Jack Ma was a failure in the interview and got rejected after applying for more than 100 and going for 30 interviews.

These people persevered. They showed true grit, courage, and believed in themselves. It is not the smartest in the room or lecture hall who makes it big in the corporate world. It is the person who can get whacked up time and again, brush himself from the ground and start afresh. Its a humbling and humiliating experience. 



Ku Gong - The Imperial Palace of the Manchu Emperor (Qin Dynasty). 

When this blog finally hits 1,000,000 views, I will just open a bottle of white wine, go down to my little corner somewhere and look up at the starry night. That feeling and experience will never come again so I will savour it like its the best thing to do.

Seize the Day 

Carpe Diem 

No comments:

QRA Test Chambers to Perform Stress Screening Tests

  TS 120 Chamber - up to 15 C / min change rate uncontrolled  Presenting QRA range of test chambers and test services to our multinational c...