Last Saturday, after my run at ECP, I tried it out, just for fun. I had ventured and used the basic social science principle. If there is a queue of people waiting to order the food, it MUST be of a certain standard.
I was not disappointed. The soya sauce chicken was the best I have had in years. I am not even a soya sauce chicken rice fan, but one bite and I was in gastronomic heaven.
The meat was tender and the skin, was oh so flavourful. The rice was nice and not clumpy.
The 'jiao zhi' or dumplings were robust and had the nice water chestnut inside to give it the crunchy feel. Some other folk who were in front of me ordered like half a chicken with 2 big bags of noodles (yellow mee kia and white kway teow)
I ordered the S$ 8 (with more ingredients or jia liao) and it was an extremely satisfying lunch and so cost effective.
I plan to buy this meal for my family very soon.
Shen Ji
69 Geylang Bahru (Hawker Centre)
#01-13 (at the far end of the hawker centre)
SGP 330069
Rating
Taste : 4.9 / 5
Price (Value for money) : 5 / 5
Ambiece : 3 / 5 (Hawker Centre environment no air cond).


No comments:
Post a Comment