Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentine's Day Surprise



I had a pleasant surprise today,outside at my roof garden, I found a nest with 2 young baby birds. It started when I went to the attic toilet and I noticed like what seemed to be a very large and dead caterpillar carcass. Strange, I thought, we don't have such big trees at the rooftop garden to sustain such a giant thing. On walking outside, I saw the mother sparrow flying off and there at eye level is this little birds nest and 2 live baby birds.
In our modern and deforested environment, it is increasingly common to find the wildlife encroaching on human communities due to deforestation and this is such an example. I hope these babies have a chance to grow.My neighbouring environment is quite condusive to many species of birds and I have spotted a whole family (5) of yellow crested cockatoos nesting in the forest near where I live.
So its a nice surpirse on this Valentine's Day Feb 14th 2009.

1 comment:

Crow said...

ur blog entries are an interesting read!!! keep up the good work...