Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Post PSLE Lunch 13th Oct 2009


American style Food - No prizes for guessing why I chose this place !

1 day just after Andrew, my second son finished his Primary School Leaving Examination, I decided to reward him with a nice lunch of his choice as well as a yo-yo. Note, that I have not rewarded him for good results or anything like that, the results will be made known over 1 month from now. In fact, I (and his mother of course) am rewarding him for the hard work he has put in all these months and even years leading up to this exam. Truth be told, he has an excellent attitude towards work and finishing assignments, this I think will put him in good stead for the longer and tougher secondary years as there will be up to 9 examinable subjects as compared to the 4 which he is taking now.


This Yo-yo looks cool !

After a short morning meeting with my Malaysian colleague Rufus, I headed home to pick him up and we headed for the Coronation Plaza, a small shopping center near our house which has a branch of the popular New York New York American style food. Plenty of good quality burgers, steaks, hot dogs, pizzas and spaghettis on offer and the place is normally packed at lunch time, so when we went at 2pm, it was past the peak lunch crowd. He had a Mo sandwich of ham,cheese,bacon and lettuce etc. while I had the black pepper ribs.

The food we had yesterday was so-so, but the time spent with my son was the most priceless gift to me. As he grows into his teen years, he will be more attracted to his friends, peers, and all the electronic gadgets like handphones, latest notebook PCs and the like.


Black Pepper Pork Ribs

So for the one hour and a half, we enjoyed the lunch, the ambience, and most of all the father -son bonding.
I will treasure these moments more than anything else in the world. For those with young children or no kids, well this is one of the many blessings and gifts which we have in our lives, so don't waste the opportunity to spend quality time with them for very soon, they will want to spend that quality time with many other things.


Andrew with his Sandwich

Seize the moment and the Day.

No comments: