Monday, November 16, 2009

Andrew's 12th birthday


Andrew, May, my Mum and Noel

My second son Andrew celebrated his 12th birthday his way. He invited just 2 friends to the house for computer games and watched a movie all by themselves. They had the time of their lives. The transition from boy to teenager is at hand and at the precocious age of 12, they are experimenting with meeting with the girls in their tuition class, going for a burger at Orchard Road and playing computer games. What fun it is to be 12 again !


I'm going to light my candles

On the 25th October (Sunday), we had a small cake for him and brought it to my Dad and Mum's place for the cake cutting. My Dad will be 90 this year and my Mum 79. It has been a tough year for Andrew,as this was the PSLE year. H had been putting in many hours of work for his tuition teacher, Mrs. Lim. For me as the father, I have to 'motivate' him by giving him the carrot of computer time and movies and sometimes the going got very tough. I am just glad that the efforts he put in has made him better prepared for the secondary school where he will have 8 or 9 subjects to juggle with and study for exams.


Andrew, my Father and Noel

In about 1 1/2 weeks it will be 3 birthdays, my Dad, myself and my Mum. It will be a hectic week of birthday celebrations .I can't wait.

No comments: