Sunday, April 4, 2021

A decent paced run around Pandan Reservoir 3rd April 2021 ; 4.24 pm - 5.03 pm ; Cool weather after rain

 






Here is the results of my Saturday afternoon run around Pandan Reservoir. My average pace is 6.36 min /km pretty decent for a 58 year old man.  My worry at this age, is that I am accumulating a number of sports related injuries. My heart rate had hit 171 beats per minute which is more than 100% of the maximum heart rate, something which I should take serious note of. 


Just after this run, I noticed that my Illio Tibial Band (ITB) around my left knee started to hurt again. I hurt this in January and now, this is the second time it is hurting - albeit not so painful where I need to resort to painkillers.

This is an old injury which will need time to heal and recover, just like my body.





Slightly bemused but extremely satisfied with my run





Anyway, I will take a break of about 4 days after which I will return to this life long hobby 

CARPE DIEM


No comments: