Saturday, December 10, 2022

As I age, I find new hobbies

The 60 year old body is not something to be taken lightly. I have a 'bum knee'. Apart from that, I am OK, and I am very fortunate and blessed for everything else. I was a very good runner for the greater part of 20 years.

I finished running 10 full marathons and over 10 half marathons in those 20 years. Its time to move to more sedate and less impactful hobbies as my body literally can't take it.

I went out and bought myself a foldable bicycle from Queensway for $248. It is a steal at this price and today I went out and had a 1.5 hour hard ride along the waterfront at Tanjong Rhu. The weather was nice and cool and the ride was uneventful from the start near the Singapore Swimming Club, to the end at Old Airport Road, all the way to the Marina Barrage and back.

The knees may be stiff, the body may be aging fast, but my spirit is still young at heart.







No comments:

Very Good Dry Pork Noodles (Bak Chor Mee) at Evans Road Food Centre

There is a small food centre ( Sprouts Food Place ) by the side of Botanic Gardens and the Swimming Pool, off Evans road and just before Clu...