Friday, June 30, 2023

Sobrino de Botin Madrid Dec 2019






This suckling pig is excellent ; from the World's Oldest Restaurant according to Guiness Book of Records

This is a throwback memory of our annual holiday to Europe, most times in December for 2 weeks to 16 days. In December 2019, just before the COVID - 19 hit the world, my family and I (well, one son stayed back in Singapore) were very close to the first cluster COVID epicentre in Europe which was Northern Italy - we didnt know it then, but we were approximately 1 month early before COVID hit Europe with a full force.    

This post is a followup to my lovely meal just the last weekend, a belated Father's Day treat from my wife.  I was reminded of this meal in 2019, 2 and a half years ago !  The restaurant is called Sobrino de Botin and the address is as follows :

C.de Cuchilleros, 17
28005 Madrid,
Spain
Tel :+34 913 6642 17

https:www.botin.es




I do not remember much about the meal except that we had a wonderful suckling pig and that we dined at the basement of the Restaurant. We did a 'walk-in' upon opening (12 noon) so we only waited like 15 minutes before we were ushered to our table, which was a nice surprise. 



So many Suckling Pig Dishes all in preparation for the diners 

We had, amongst others, the salad, clams, suckling pig, and some paella (if I recall correctly)
I wont bore my readers with the details but the suckling pig was really outstanding. That and the fact that it is the world's oldest restaurant still in existence made this trip all the more worthwhile.









Obligatory selfie outside the restaurant 






 with my son Andrew, nice smiles all around 

No comments: