Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Can't wait to go ski again





Tomamu Resort Twin Towers facing the slopes

     The cold wintry days are coming, and I am sure looking forward to some time on the slopes. Yes, times are bad, businesses all over the world are reeling from the triple whammy of poor economic outlook in USA, the EURO debt crisis and China's plunging manufacturing sector. However, with some of my savings from the last few years, I plan to take my family for their once a year bonding time.
     
     It is likely to be again in Japan, as we can't afford the time and costs of a USA ski trip (normally its about 14 days, and total costs would be in the region of US$ 20,000), although I hope one day I can ski on the slopes of  Canada, Europe and Australia, with money, age and health related issues coming my way as I age (touch wood - I hope to keep those off for a long time yet).

     Then again, you never know, I might go to the North Asian countries soon, as our partners are located there, and the Dec - Feb months are perfect for a  slide down the pistes  or two ?