Sunday, February 26, 2017

Standard Chartered Marathon 2014 Video


       This was my 9th marathon ; at the age of 50 something, I can say I wasn't too disappointed with the hand timed result of 6 hours 2 mins, 28 secs. It was a warm morning, starting at the Wisma Atria pen for the 4 - 6 hours zone (this was based on my last few marathons), I recall that there were cheerleaders dressed in the Marvel comic book heroes, the Brazillian Conga boys and little else. 




      My best time (so far) was in 2007 at 4 hours : 48 mins, followed by 4 : 52, 4 (2004) : 59 (2005). My first marathon was the Penang Bridge Marathon all the way back in 2003 and that time was 5 : 30 mins.

 


        My hobby and love for running hopefully will keep me going on for some years to come. Its not a simple hobby, there is plenty of technicalities in the training and there are lots of books and magazines which cater to the marathon set ; I bought Runner's World to keep me inspired to firstly, improve my body shape and conditioning, eat right by following the recipes inside there, training tips and schedules and daily motivational quotes.   


       I hope to finish 25 before I call this hobby a done deal. 

  

No comments: