Sunday, February 19, 2017

The First Years 13 1975 Sanya Samaki Trip Swimming Club

L to R : John, Carl Chan, Mrs. Wee, Konrad Wee, Kenneth Ng, Tuck Fook

        That first trip to Bangkok in 1975 opened up a range of possibilities for our young swimmers at the Swimming Section then to bond and to have an objective to train for. In addition, it was a hit amongst the parents of all the swimmers because it provided a nice getaway holiday for the Mums and Dads who sacrificed their personal time for their children's well being. I do not recall much about that first trip apart from the incident in Hat Yai.

        As a mediocre swimmer, I learnt from watching the elder swimmers like Adrian Tan and Felix Chenong how they led the younger swimmers. There were plenty other swimmers who were fast and strong like Sng Tong Hoe, Khoo Teng Chuan and Teng Cheong, plus Audrey Tan who was Adrian's sister.

      I would be most happy and excited if we could all get together to reminisce about the good old times !!     


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Mark, I used to swim with the guys in the photo back in the 70's at Singapore Swimming Club. Would love to catchup

Seize the Day said...

Hi Bruce !
Yes of course I rmemeber you and your sister training with us.
Please send me a PM at my email at mark@qra.com.sg and I'll try to set up something.

Take care
Mark