Thursday, March 9, 2017

Anna and Geoffrey Abisheganaden 1991









    This is a very precious video of my parents in 1991 (early June) at the dining table, my mother Anna was 60 turning 61 that year and my father Geoffrey was 71 turning 72 that year.

    I was taping this midway from the staircase and they were having dinner, at the rather late time of 9 : 40 pm. I can only hazard a guess that my mother had come back from the Singapore Swimming Club (she was very regular and went there 6 times a week, practically every weekday). They were making small talk at the dinner table, and the maid Mary had come over to serve my mum some soup.

    The family cat's name was Tommy *(which was funny as it was a female), and she was very 'manja' (warm and requires attention most of the time). She (the cat) passed away when she was about 10 - 11 years old, which was at the typical life span of cats then.

    The dining room was elevated from the living room, and this was the area of many grand parties which my parents and even I handled with aplomb.

    Ah the 80s and 90s !    

    

No comments:

Very Good Dry Pork Noodles (Bak Chor Mee) at Evans Road Food Centre

There is a small food centre ( Sprouts Food Place ) by the side of Botanic Gardens and the Swimming Pool, off Evans road and just before Clu...