Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Why I like Caps


On the Eurostar train from Gard du Nord to St Pancreas station

        I have in the last 2 years taken an interest in caps. Especially embriodered ones, which are of high quality and good fit. My favourite one which I really like is the F1 GP cap sold at $70 from the Fairmont Stamford. It is comfortable, provides long cover at the front, and grips my 'mango head' well (my parents were concerned with my mango shaped head when I was a toddler so much so they brought me to a General Practitioner to assess my head size back in the '60s !).   This cap fits my head well, and its embrodiery is top quality. On one side shows the Ferrari F1 car an the other some icons of Singapore like the Singapore Eye. 

        Stating the obvious, caps provide the required shade from the harsh sunlight. I notice that my eyes are getting more sensitive to the light, so sunglasses and caps are mandatory for me to prevent or slow down the growth of cataracts or other macular related diseases caused by excess glare.



My latest acquisition ; W for Wolves ! 


       I hope to increase the collection to about 10 but I will only go for only select ones with the right colour and message or logo. I do not get any endorsements from any cap or brand company so I had better choose the ones I identify with.  



My Favourite Cap 


The prerequisites for me if I am keen on a cap are :

a) It must fulfill the purpose of keeping the sun out ; hence the long overhang.
b) It ideally should be limited edition (like my Singapore F1 cap)
c) It should be embroidered
d) Colour should be strong and bold (red, white and even khaki are my favourites)
e) No brand visible if possible
f) It fits my 'mango head' to a 'T'. 

         

No comments: