Wednesday, January 30, 2019

Alzheimer's Disease is very crippling ; and robs us of our very dignity as a human being


Some time recently I went to a wake of a close relative, and when I was there I met with some of my mother's relatives. Very surprisingly one of my relatives had a stroke of the brain and her memory was wiped clean. 

Dementia and Alzheimer's are becoming something which we must deal with as we live longer lives. The quality of life and the memories of our past are most precious which anybody can ever wish to have.Losing that and you become a shell without knowing it. 

I wonder what are the treatments for alzheimer's as well as other afflications of the brain  commonly classifed as 'dementia'. Parkinson's is another debilitating disease. 


With my late father, my brother John, son Andrew


It was very painful to watch a once vibrant and happy person being reduced to someone who doesn't even know her closest and most loved ones.

While we strive ever onward for excellence in business and career, I am reminded of the harshness of life, that we MUST show care and concern for all those around us.  

Life is indeed unpredictable and fleeting and we must literally use each day as if it were our last day on earth.



No comments:

Very Good Dry Pork Noodles (Bak Chor Mee) at Evans Road Food Centre

There is a small food centre ( Sprouts Food Place ) by the side of Botanic Gardens and the Swimming Pool, off Evans road and just before Clu...