Wednesday, February 10, 2021

I'm Back to Running after a 2 and half week break due to injury


At start of 10 K run with Running Kaki Filipe Cunha at B1 carpark ECP (31 Dec 2020)

 

10 K Done and Dusted 

I'm very pleased to report that I have resumed running after an almost 3 week break, after I strained my Illiotibial Band Tendon on the outer part of my left knee. I was doing a hard 10 K run (mid January) on  Saturday at around 10.30 am and after I had reached the Ski360 waterski park, 5km mid point, I decided to turn back.

Shortly around the 6 km mark (between the Ski360 and the Bikestation), I felt a sharp pain on the outer left  part of my knee. It had pulled, and I ground to a stop. The pain while not excruciating, was enough for me to stop my complete run, and even putting some weight on the left leg was a challenge. Later, I found out that I had strained my Illiotibial Band, a tendon running on the side of each leg and the pain is felt on the outer rim of either knee.


The next few nights were a strain as my knee was hurting, alternately throbbing and receding in pain - ranked at a scale of 5 upon 10 ; 10 being eyes tearing pain, 0 being practically no pain.

I can ignore pain levels of 0 to 4 I estimate. But from 5 onwards, its best I use ice or some Counterpain gel to numb the affected part.

Well I can pat myself on the back for an achievement of sorts. Getting back to my running routine with a new lease of life.






No comments: