Saturday, June 5, 2021

Hard Run 4K, 2K return stopped by rain, then another 1.8 K back ; Total 7 K plus

 


5th June ; satisfied after a run punctuated by heavy rain 

Today's run was a hard one for me. I had been having a really busy week, and had little time out of the weekdays to run at my favourite spot, the East Coast Park. So this morning, after my dental appointment at Bedok, I made the effort to lace up my running shoes. My plan was to run 4K for the front leg, and return 4K for the back leg.

As I was held up changing to my gear, I started out pretty late in the morning 11.28 am.

The pace was good, on average 6 mins 33. 8 / km for the entire 4 km.

The sun was blazing hot, but I was thankful I had no aches in the joints or elsewhere. 

At the intermission, I ran another (slower) 2 K at 7 : 15 / km pace. The heat was sweltering but my tension headache and all the other stresses were gone. 

I was in the zone. It got too hot at the 6 km mark, so I stopped to catch my breath

It started to pour as I was walking abit, and I sought shelter at the nearby restaurants. 

Finally after about 20 minutes, there was a break in the rain, and i ran helter pelter back to the car at a decent 6 :45 / min pace.

Thats the picture of a happy me at the car park with my sunshades still on and all wet from the rain and the sweat.

I treasure having a balanced lifestyle with ample exercise, controlled diet and mental challenges in the form of work, IQ games and good stimulating conversations with my family and friends.

    

No comments:

Very Good Dry Pork Noodles (Bak Chor Mee) at Evans Road Food Centre

There is a small food centre ( Sprouts Food Place ) by the side of Botanic Gardens and the Swimming Pool, off Evans road and just before Clu...