Sunday, January 16, 2022

Playing a Sudoku every morning determines my mental state of mind and capacity

 


     Why do I play Sudoku  ? Well for starters I love messing with numbers. Finding patterns, in the mainstream of life, hidden and exponential are what my mind is really keen on. So the game Sudoku is so simple to play, just fill in the blanks of every row and column, and box so that there is only 1 number along each row, column and box. The rest is then played by everyone with degree of difficulty starting from gentle (most boxes filled), medium (perhaps 3/4 filled), hard (40 - 50% filled) and then comes the very difficult, diabolical, extreme and evil.

Sudoku is fiendishly addictive. I would say it is a healthy addiction for me, rather than to spend time say drinking or messing around with the multitude of online games ranging from gambling, pond fishing, texas hold em poker, mahjong, and the like.

Today's message is what I try to do everyday. If I have had eight hours of solid sleep, I can handle almost any tough decision and think about strategy for my work, life and projects. To get a clue about how well my 'engine' works for that day, I attempt to play a diabolical sudoku (my current level) and if I cruise for that day, I can handle the most intensive and focussed subjects like financial accounting, relativity and complex mathematicical formulae.

If I stumble even on the most basic of games. I think I better take things easy for the rest of that day, even take a half day off to get my brain in gear before venturing out ! 

No comments: