Sunday, May 7, 2023

Business is very much like a Sudoku Puzzle.




Every Sunday, I religiously cut out the weekly Sudoku Puzzle and attempt to finish in.
Most times I am successful, occasionally I fail and the reasons I fail are :

a) Impatience
b) Brain is not functiong effectively that Sunday morning
c) Carelessness (see (b))
d) Too tough.

Today, I managed to get 90% of the puzzle done. Left with about 10 squares (out of 81) with 
2 options to choose from, I decided to use the pencil and go with 1 option at the bottom left corner.As you can see, the circles of 6,8 are written in, so I decided to first go with the "8" at the extreme left square (bottom left Square 1).

After about 8 moves, I reached a "double number", meaning that there were 2 same numbers on the same line, which means that the solution was wrong.

I went for my trusty eraser, and changed it now to "6" at the Bottom Row extreme left square and "8" at Bottom Row Square 3. The game finished and I successfully completed it !

Business is like that, no matter how your gut feels, plan for failures are dead ends. Leave open an exit route, to erase the bad mistakes, or learn from past mistakes and move on to the finish line. Of course, business is not so simple as that and one needs plenty of :

a) Luck

b) Funds inflow to maintain stable cashflow

c) Support from customers who will give you renewed streams of income

d) Proper strategy and perfect timing to size up and scale up at the correct time

e) Perseverence during the very tough moments, when you are under extreme pressure.

f) Having the energy and health to see through your goals as well as having the second tier management team to execute your plans thoroughly leaving no stone unturned

g) Having the right digital marketing strategy to boost your presence and footprint so that you are seen as the 'player' in the niche which you are in.





 

No comments: