Sunday, May 5, 2024

Association of friends gets stronger as we age.

 


Sat 4th May dinner at Zhi Char stall 

I had the privilege of meeting up with old friends from school and junior college Saturday 4th.The food was from this stall called Hoong Cheng Seafood (cooked food) stall at Block 107 Ang Mo Kio Ave 4. 

Many of us had never met since the last day of school and junior college, so time indeed has flown by. We have a pilot, a chief steward, a couple of entrepreneurs, and some retired friends who have done their industry proud.

I am thankful to Peter Tan, a mate 2 years my senior, based in Perth Australia for organizing this 'do'.

As our children grow up and find their path and partners, our work and health will call time (many of us are with health issues, from high blood pressure, gout, joint issues, eye issues and so on and so forth) so its time for us to realise that our time is now to step back and enjoy whatever remaining healthy years of our lives we still have.

During the dinner, I was shocked to learn that several of our JC mates of the 80s had passed away (cancer and heart attack) - life is indeed short. 

I'm giving back my time each week in the form of helping out my karate dojo at Tanglin CC and I intend to do more volunteer work by next year,

As we enter into the 3rd Age, I have firm belief that the 'old boys' network will be stronger than before.

Here's to more meetups in the future !

CARPE DIEM !

ILLIJITIMI NON CARBORENDUM !








No comments:

Dinner at Sebastien Mother's Day Dinner Post 2 of 2

The entrance of Venue by Sebastian  Situated on the ground floor of the Downtown Gallery (opposite the old Singapore Conference Hall), the V...