Sunday, May 26, 2024

Day 2 Seta Marina Mandarin Milan Post 2 of 2

 
Risotto with Tartufo Flakes (Truffle) 

The chef, Antonio Guida has been at the helm of Seta for close to 10 years, and I am happy to say that he has retained his support from the 2 of us ! His 'piece de la resistance' (showpiece) was none other than the off menu Tartufo Risotto with cream. The fragrance was amazing and the entire truffle (easily costing EUR 1000) was brought to our table to have the flakes shaved off it.

I have never seen a truffle in my life before this day ! It looked the size of a large human brain and diners to the left and right of us, were making up their minds to order this off menu dish.
This is akin to the 'omakase' of the Japanese chefs who will do a special if the dish is in season at their diner. Price of the Risotto with Tartufo Flakes ?  EUR 98. 

Experience : Priceless. 

19 to a dozen of the best pastry and chocolates I have eaten. 

There were plenty pastries for us to try, so much so that we resisted the urge to 'dar bao' or takeaway these delectable eats as we were full after our main courses on the whole, and we entered into the bingeing phase of our holiday. 



Some entree with radish and jelly
 
There was another dish, which I unfortunately did not get to snap a picture of, and that was the Turbot with tofu, potatoes and mushrooms. The dish is called Rombo (not Rambo but close enough !) She said good things about that dish too, so both her dishes were winning ones.  




Rather odd soup, crown of chicken. 

There was a rather odd looking free add on dish, called the cock's crown. It was a clear soup with the combs of the crown adding to the flavour. It tasted rather 'heaty' and there was a strong poultry taste.  

 



The happy couple having a wonderful meal on a cold, dreary winter's evening. 

To cap off a thoroughly enjoyable evening, I had a glass of chardonnay to celebrate my journey to 60 odd years of age, with my health seemingly OK.  I must be thankful to my other half, for keeping me disciplined especially when it comes to eating. I have reined in on my eating of snacks and bar foods, and I have made a resolution to  cut back as much as 50% of my snacks on a daily basis.

After an excellent and delightful 2 hours, we headed back to our hotel / apartments. I would highly recommend that chain of hotels too as they are highly professional, very centrally located (some 4 minutes walk to the Duomo) with excellent sound proofing and cosy hard beds. You can get good deals from almost all the various booking platforms.

Duomo Hotel and Apartments.
Via S Paolo 13
20121
Milano
Italy.

www.duomo-apartments.com


 


No comments:

7 Dec 2016 Placa Catalunya and La Rambla

At  Placa Catalunya  The Centre of Barcelona like in any major city is the Main Bus and Train Station. Called the Placa de Catalunya, it is ...