Sunday, July 23, 2017

I share somethings in common with Bruce Lee - and thats about it

Nov 27th 1940 ; DOB of Li Xiao Long aka Bruce Lee 

Bruce Lee aka Lee Xiao Long (small dragon) was born on 27th November 1940 ; I share the same birthdate as him. He passed away in 1973 at the very young age of 33 due to a brain aneurisym (bleeding of the brain) at his friend's house. As the icon of martial arts in the modern world, he had no peers. He published numerous books, (the Tao of Jeet Kun Do was his magnus opus), had 7 films (the last being the Way of the Dragon) and was involved in a hit TV show the Green Hornet as the super competent fighting side kick Kato.

His mother Grace Ho was half Caucasian, and so he was of mixed parentage ; so these 2 things I share with the great man, the same birthdate and mixed race parentage.

I am a martial artist no doubt inspired by him, but by no means anywhere as competent or as good as him in my craft. 15 years of perseverance, I am an assistant teacher in my dojo at the Tanglin Community Centre.

Thats about the only similarity with the great man which I share.  

No comments: