Sunday, November 11, 2018

Meeting with friends we left some 40 plus years ago in school.





This post is a no brainer. However, as I am slightly sleep deprived, from a night out with my Primary and Secondary schoolmates, I feel that writing this post is the best that I can do given the limited cognitive and reasoning abilities I have this morning. Meaning, I had too much to drink the night before. 

Last night, I met up with about 30 of my ex-school mates. We are all 55 or 56. The one common interest we all have is wanting to reach out, and connect, to try to relive and laugh about the best times of our lives, oh some 40 odd years ago.

That is the primary motivation which got me going to this gathering. Not about who earned or lost lots of money. Who drives the biggest, car, or has a wonderful house or has the most beautiful wife and family. Nothing of these came up during our small group chats. 

We all were back to 15 or 16 years of age. That playful boy is now a successul architect. The most rebellious guy is now a pastor. The boys hauled up for doing the most naughty things is now a successful businessman.

Me the plump and  geeky guy is now still a geeky guy but way slimmer without his Nana Mouskouri black spectacles.

The trivia and memories we bring up are priceless. Long may we have them and our friends.




No comments: