Thursday, November 1, 2018

My Best Ever Running Route near my House



              This route distance is roughly 4km all in all, should be able to finish it within 25  
                                                         minutes (my speed)


This is one of my 2 FAV running routes near my house. It is roughly 5 minutes by car, and the start and end points are as shown above. I have another one just parallel to it, along the Dalvey Estate road, that route is 5 km and I must have done hundreds of laps since I first started taking running seriously.

Park the car at the opposite end of the start point, which is the entrance to Nassim Road from Evans Road. Today there is a side entrance to the Botanic Gardens, and there are several car parks beside it. I favour the one just next to the Evans Road.

I will leave my bottled isotonic drinks by the roadside (at 5.30 am now one really cares) and then start my loop. Up the slight slope with the embassy to your right, turn right at Lermit Road, run past Lermit Lodge and turn back at the junction, then at Nassim Road, turn right and run all the way to Orchard Road exit. Make a U turn and back the same route with a slight detour into Lermit road again and finally back to the start point. That is roughly 4 km.

So I will do 2 x 4 km or 1 x 4 km and 1 x 5 km with the adjoining roads next to it being the 5 km road. The reward is the views, and the fresh air, absence of any vehicle traffic (at 5.30am) and no nearby schools to clog up the carriageway. The avenue is wide (dual carriageway) and I ALWAYS run against the flow of traffic, so I can see if any motorist is coming towards me. If he is too close, I indicate for him to back away, else there should be enough time for me to jump into the monsoon drain !! 

Seize the Day.  


No comments: