Monday, November 5, 2018

Old Photos Mum and I


This photo was probably taken in 1963, Mum was 33 and I was 1 plus I guess ! 

I have had a very fortunate life, thus far. I am grateful for many things in this life. As I approach the years where work takes a back seat, I am reminded by a good friend Roland who advised me to treasure friendship as much as I treasure my family.

There will always be work and its problems. Money is a necessity in this society, so I will never kid myself or my readers that money is of no relevance. However, above all, health and good health is the No. 1 blessing you and I can have or say that we are incredibly lucky to be healthy and of sound mind. Nothing else comes close. 

So the important aspects in life are in order of priority as far as I can see :

1. Health (good to excellent would be wonderful) ; both mental and physical - for as long as 
    possible. Taking care of my health by eating right, eat just 70% and exercise with great 
    effort to clear the deadly toxins in my body. Taking health supplements to live well. 

2. Family, who will be there for me. In return I will be there for them. 

3. Friends whom I can count upon in times of need. Same as No.2 I will be there for them ;
    the movie Stand By Me comes to mind. 

4. Life Experiences ; This is very very important. I want to have as many meaningful 
    experiences.

5. Money ; enough to lead a decent purposeful life. 

6. Career or Business. To give some meaning to the times.

7. Giving Back to Society - again, this gains importance as I age. 


I write this blog to pen my life experiences, to keep a record of my life. To share with others who can be bothered to read and see for themselves that everyone walks a different path and only God judges us for our thoughts and actions at the end. 


No comments:

Very Good Dry Pork Noodles (Bak Chor Mee) at Evans Road Food Centre

There is a small food centre ( Sprouts Food Place ) by the side of Botanic Gardens and the Swimming Pool, off Evans road and just before Clu...