Sunday, October 20, 2019

Mr Karl Heinz Hehl ; it was a privilege to have known you


Meetings were tough as nails, but the bond of friendship was real 
From Left (seated) : Karl Heinz Hehl, Mrs Angelika Bausch(Head of Sales); Fred Schweitzer (Reg Sales Manager)
(behind) : N. Kannan (QRA Malaysia Manager), yours truly, Rene (Zellweger!) (Asia Pac), Dieter Haus (Sales Director)


I heard the sad news that the former Managing Director of Weiss Umwelttechnik Mr. Karl Heinz Hehl had passed away on 17th October Thursday. He was 75 (I believe). 

My good friend and mentor Frank Rigley sent the sad news by email yesterday and I am posting this picture of us after having a tough meeting at the Weiss Headquarters in Giessen Germany, I believe in 2009.

Mr. Hehl retired in 2010 and his position was then passed on to Mr. Niedermeyer ;

My company had their services terminated by the Weiss group in 2012.

I am forever grateful and privileged to have known Karl Heinz as both a strict boss and also as a friend who was a warm hearted man and loved a schnapps or two (or more).... 

He visited Singapore with his family on several occasions the last being in 2004 / 05 for the New Year's day celebrations. I will never forget that occasion, as he treated all the local agents' families to a nice dinner at the Esplanade and watched the countdown together.. Ahh the sweet memories.

When will we meet again ? ...wherever whenever.... old friend.....  







Carpe Diem. 

No comments: