Wednesday, January 1, 2020

2020 New Year Resolutions - Simple ; Easy ; Step by Step

My Son Andrew's 22nd Birthday Recently 

Here are my New Year Resolutions ; No Fuss, No Excuses Just Set them out for the world to see.  So if I miss them and fall flat on my face. The world will laugh at me with no mercy. 

1. Say "No" more effectively.
2. Be On Time ; no later than 10 minutes late  (need to count this and compare)
3. Honor what I say ; Less empty promises.
4. Lose 3 kg and keep it there
5. Be a better swimmer
6. Be a better piano player.
7. Manage $ better

Say "No" more Effectively and when Necessary

Say "No" more effectively - I need to be more assertive in saying "No". Saying "Yes" when not considering the the consequences can turn out bad in the future. So I need to do this NOW.

Be On Time

Time management ; if I agree to meet someone or there is an agreed time to meet for class, a meeting or scheduled doctor's appointment. I MUST plan better time management to ensure there is X minutes plus +15 before that appointment to be there on time.

Honor What I Say

Deeply personal and a committment for me by me and a core value.

Lose 3 kg and keep it there

The battle is a daily one where I have a concious effort to eat less and exercise more. Sounds easy ? But one of the most difficult things I have encountered in my life.

Be a Better Swimmer

As my running is winding down and I am running less due to wear and tear on my joings and tendons, I will swim more and a target of 20 laps each day 3 X a week is my goal

Be a Better Piano Player

Take lessons, Youtube and others and play 20 songs in time for our 60th gathering sooner than I would expect. 

Manage $$ better 

Eat wisely, spend less on the dining and be happier for it. Make the profit from  really high expectation year with provisions for savings, donations, and myself. Starting today.  

No comments: