Sunday, January 19, 2020

Saints 2 Wolves 3 ; This Team has Fighting Spirit and Grit ; Champions in the Making




If there is any message or lesson to take away from this match is this. I am a fair weathered fan. I am sad to say, when things go bad for my team, I shy away and watch other channels or go to bed. 

If I am a hard core fan, I should continue rooting for the team until the very end of the game and time and again the brilliant Nuno Esperito Santos has shown us with his special team of players that they are indeed champions, in every sense of the word.

1. Never be disheartened
2. Things will be bad but there will be a day for improvement
3. NEVER EVER GIVE UP
4. True grit makes champions.

8 times on the trot, they go behind by 1 to 2 goals (2 goals down against Man City and now Southampton, 1 against Norwich, 1 against Newcastle, 1 against Liverpool and 2 against Watford).  3 of these times they gritted their teeth and fought back with FIERCE TENACITY.

3 times, they drew level. and 2 they lost. 

I need to up my support for this magnificent team. If not, I don't deserve to support them.




No comments: