Tuesday, July 28, 2020

PTSD Challenge ; Raising Awareness of Post Traumatic Stress Disorder in Singapore. Day 19





Day 19 of my PTSD Challenge, to raise awareness of the neurological disorder which trauma victims suffer. The symptoms include :  

a) Depression
b) Mood Swings
c) Insomnia
d) Anxiety Attacks - can be very severe
e) Flashbacks.

If not treated early and rectified, the disorder can manifest and the sufferer MAY end up feeling worthless and in extreme cases, take his own life.

This video was taken on the street and as I am a 'night bird', after a long day's work, so I am glad I did my part in this continous fight against this deadly modern day afflction which can be managed and mitigated by phychology, good sleep hygiene and patterns, exercise and in extreme cases, medication.

  





No comments: