Thursday, August 5, 2021

Live each day like its your last day


                                                          My little plot in Singapore

 We are all going to die. That is a fact. When, where, how and why we don't know but the likelihood is that if we survive the worldwide pandemic called COVID-19, many of us would perhaps live till a ripe old age. 

Or so we think. I am connected by Whatsapp to 60 odd 'brothers' from my primary and secondary school and we are facing mortality with each passing year. So and so passes away.

While it is prudent  to plan for my eventual demise, I for one, need to always stay positive and not be too overwhelmed by the world around me. 

It is too much to read and comprehend about the terrible heartbreak stories of the millions (4 and counting) who have passed on from COVID - 19. Around the world, there are about 200 million who have contracted this vilest of diseases. Just by assessing the big picture, the death rate for those who have contracted COVID-19 is 2%. So that means there is a 98% survival rate.

There are the long COVID survivors. Again another terrible affliction to those who have it. My heart goes out to them

Economic desperation, suicides, peoples lives affected, health ruined, it is a tremendous loss to the world and to the millions who are afflicted by it.

Back to this post, I believe by staying positive, I can still be relevant to society and contribute in a meaningful way. The lockdowns are a tremendous upheaval to the way society and humans interact, as we are social animals.

Having written the above, I will aim to contribute some of what I have to the less fortunate, as I think that the quality of the life I live is determined by the number of lives I have touched in a good way.

It is no bloody use to squirrel away and save till that supposed date where I kick the bucket and realise that I have no clue how soon I will actually depart from this earth.

Logical ? 



No comments: