Friday, December 17, 2021

Stay Humble, Stay Hungry and Learn. The Way forward for me.

This world is full of challenges, inconsistencies, and downright unfair. This is my insight after having worked a total of 7 years for an American company, and another 25 years for myself and my partners.

As I had mentioned in an earlier post some time ago, it is necessary to have a Raison D'ete or a reason for living. Mine has and will always be to help the less fortunate where I can and be a good person to my family, immediate, extended and to my friends.

Work or business is the cornerstone for me to get up every day. At the end, I want to make a difference to the lives of people around me, and I am not afraid to be unpopular or speak my mind of my opinions.

Once I have established a recurring source of income (or several), I pledge to then go and assist those who genuinely need some assistance, not for fame or glory, not for some return favor but to make this unjust world a better place in my small space.

The 5 tenets of Ikiigai

1. Start small

2. Find  my Flow

3. Set Aside my Ego

4. Discover my Passion

5. Find Joy in the Little Things.

I started small for the business, just as I started small with my expectations for my running and martial arts some 20 years ago. As with every goal, these are my hobbies and there were setbacks (injuries). In business I needed to be very mindful that just one mistake could probably be fatal, The COVID is the unknown unknown which in Nicholas Taleb's words, a "black swan" event which if handled or strategised right, could either make or break my little business.

Set my goals ; once I have reached them. Sit back and enjoy the view. Life is too short to ignore the beautiful things in life which go about without me ever noticing them. 




        

Christmas Drinks with Good Friends 16th Dec 2021 



 

No comments: