Sunday, December 26, 2021

Story of my 4 Caps ; Cap 1 F1 - 2010 Fairmont Hotel F1 Cap (2010)

 


Beautifully embroidered Cap 

I have a grand total of 4 Caps which I keep at home. They have been bought over the space of the last 10 years and I am proud to show them off. They have no intrinsic value but the sentimental value of these caps are priceless. Above and below is Cap No. 1. This was bought around the time when the F1 first came to town, in 2008. However, I recall I bought this cap in 2010, as my friends from Germany Meike and her fiance Florian were coming to Singapore for a visit and this was a momento for me.

The embroidery on the cap is quite intricate, and the colours comprise my favourite, red with trimmings of white and gold on a black background. It was pricey then but I would not part ways with it for any sum of money.




I believe I took this cap with me on my trips to Europe from 2016 - 2019 to ward off any water droplets on my head, especially in cold and dreary London. I am blessed to still have a full head of hair, and this cap reminds me of the time (pre COVID) when the  F1 circus was one of the highlights to end the calendar year, the other 2 being the Standard Chartered Marathon (normally the first Sunday of December) my yearly 2 week plus trip to Europe - the last 4 years anyway, until COVID -19 interrupted worldwide leisure travel in a big big way.

I am confident the world will recover from COVID - 19 in a big big way. By mid 2022, most of the wealthier countries would have the dreaded virus well under control. 

Hopefully then, we can carry on with our lives as before.

Wishful Thinking ?  



No comments:

Very Good Dry Pork Noodles (Bak Chor Mee) at Evans Road Food Centre

There is a small food centre ( Sprouts Food Place ) by the side of Botanic Gardens and the Swimming Pool, off Evans road and just before Clu...