Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Geccopaige (egg shell) artwork from Ho Chih Minh City, Vietnam


                                                           Fisherman Night Fishing

        I bought this painting after a trip to Ho Chih Minh city in Vietnam in 2008. It is made from crushed eggshells and then glued onto the paint board after which the painting is done, and a final lacquer finish is layered over it.

       I actually bought 3 such paintings and gave 2 away to my good friends in Hungary and Slovenia when I visited them that year.



                                          Outside the famous Rex Hotel, HCM City


      The factory is located outside the city, and the workers are all victims of the horrendous Agent Orange (chemical warfare) bombing of the Vietnam war, there are people with some degree of blindness, limb deformation and the factory is one way to get them out of poverty providing art pieces, and generating some earned income.

      This art piece has pride of place in my home, I forgot how much I paid for it, but the satisfaction gained from looking at the painstaking effort to create such a piece is priceless.


No comments:

Very Good Dry Pork Noodles (Bak Chor Mee) at Evans Road Food Centre

There is a small food centre ( Sprouts Food Place ) by the side of Botanic Gardens and the Swimming Pool, off Evans road and just before Clu...