Sunday, September 27, 2015

Travelling Days


At the Botanical Gardens Giessen, 2008 

Representing a top German brand Weiss from 1994 till 2012, I have had ample opportunity to travel to Europe, in particular Germany, many times. I have lost count, but easily 20 times or roughly once per year to Germany. The factory is located at the outskirts of the town of Giessen, and it is roughly a 45 minute ride from the Frankfurt Flughafen (airport).

The town is typical of many small towns in Germany, and lately I have noticed a very International flair to the population, with many Asians residing there, what with the Giessen University being a major draw, and the recent influx of migrants from Middle East and Africa making their presence felt. 



Atop the Tower overlooking Giessen town, Germany 2008

The people of this town have known international visitors for the longest time, I believe Weiss is one of the largest employers of the town and we have had international visitors since the early 90s. While I miss the international friends from the Worldwide Sales trainings of the past, I still am in touch with a good many on Facebook and social media, so interconnected is this world.

We now represent a HK and S Korean brand, so I have had much less opportunities to travel on business since 2011 to Europe. Hope this will change soon, as my company is now on the cusp of representing a Spanish brand from Barcelona. I cant wait to rekindle all my friendships with friends from UK, Bulgaria, Germany, Hungary, Slovenia and Czech Republic.  


At Chiang Mai Night Bazaar 2009 

    This year 2015 is a banner year heralding a new beginning for my business, with the worldwide economy in the downtrend, we are taking conservative steps to make sure we remain relevant and most importantly profitable for the years ahead. 

    Else, its time for a new change in direction. 

No comments: