Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Some Fruits is now part of my Breakfast Everyday


                                              Fruit Basket of 27th September 2015 

        Every Sunday, without fail, my wife and I make a beeline, together with our maid, to the Tiong Bahru open air market to purchase fresh fish, pork, chicken, vegetables and fruits. the whole exercise in the morning takes 1 to 1 and half hours depending on the busyness of the fish vendors who are doing a roaring trade every weekend.

        My task, has been to purchase fruits, and my normal stall is the corner large stall run by a family of 5, grandma, parents and 2 grown children. The young lady is studying at the NUS while the young man is serving his National Service. During weekends, they help out with the family business.

      This past Sunday I bought from them, Duku (some sweet brown fruit), plums from Korea, 2 avacados, mandarin oranges, Peckham pears, normal orange skinned pears, bananas, and small 'kum' or kumquats, which are very sweet and provide lots of Vit C nutrition.

     I have made a habit to eat fruits for breakfast as a) it helps in my digestion, and b) it is easy to digest first thing in the morning c) It gives me plenty of good bowel movement.

    I have made a concious decision to stay away from fried foods as much as I can, and taking steamed, grilled, porridges, soups as more of my main effort to remain healthy in this very unhealthy atmosphere with the haze hitting 240 yesterday.

    Take plenty of water, eat lots of fruits with meals and get enough sleep. That is my antidote to a healthy life. Oh, and minimise stress down to a manageable level. 

      

No comments: