Friday, September 25, 2015

Still Active in Karate - Sept 20th 2015


                                                                      Sept 20th 2015

         At the ripe young age of 52, I am still maintaining a fitness regimen which is getting tougher with each passing year. To be honest, I do not feel young, the young people whom I meet at the Tanglin CCs, though they try their hardest to get through the class with me, I believe their recovery rate is much faster than mine.

       By the end of this year, I hope to achieve the 2nd Dan of Shitoryu karate, under Sensei Chia Kwek Fah. Sensei Chia holds the accomplished 'Hanshi' title from the ISKU and was conferred recently the 8th Dan for his contribution to the martial art in Singapore and internationally.  

       I have been practising the martial art for 13 years in adult life (since 2002) and perhaps 7 years in my boyhood days (1960s till '76), so its a grand total of almost 20 years. In the 60s and 70s, it was held at the YMCA in Palmer Road and training was really tough on the body. 

      Seize the Day. Grasp every minute of it with vigour, for we will one day be no more.   

No comments:

Very Good Dry Pork Noodles (Bak Chor Mee) at Evans Road Food Centre

There is a small food centre ( Sprouts Food Place ) by the side of Botanic Gardens and the Swimming Pool, off Evans road and just before Clu...