Saturday, November 14, 2015

My First Trip to Japan 18 - 29 Sept 1990 Day 12 Last Day

29 Sept 1990 Sat DAY 12
-----------------------------------
TOKYO 

Day 12, last day of a great trip. Wake up at 7.30 am and do the necessary. Pack up and have a hearty ham and eggs. Big breakfast. Call Chester at Pacific Hotel and arrange with Takahashi for 2.00 pm meeting. Go over to Shinagawa station all by myself (!). Yen 190 and meet Chester.

Proceed to Amlux Toyota Showroom at Ikebukura (north of Tokyo) to see the latest Toyota offerings - impressive !

Car process - stamping of sheet metal - (assembly) - Robot spot welding of chasis (oven) - Spray painting (Electrolytically) 5 times - Assembly of main components - Quality Control Checks - Environmental Tests - Final Test

A car is assembled every 25 hours (!) It is probably far faster nowadays 25 years later.

New model - Celsar. Have lunch at Wendy's, say "goodbye" to Chester and wished him all the best in Japan, (he was dating a Japanese girl) and back to Park Hill Hotel. Meet Takahashi for short discussion on KOY Hast Chambers.



Acrobatics at Harajuku 23 Sept 1990 (Sun)



Genda san fetches me at 3pm.

I really appreciate his (Genda's) help. Take a taxi to Ueno station before I board the Skyliner direct train to Narita Yen 1,780.

Last look at Japan in a 1 hour train ride before I board the SQ 11 flight back to Singapore.


Yokohama Bridge 24 Sept 1990
(Monday)


Pay Yen 200 airport tax and then to gate 46 for departure. Beer at Yen 385 was great and a smooth trip back home.

Excellent trip. Objectives 90% achieved (knowledge and sales knowhow). 

Fantastic Hospitality and lots of Good Memories.

So this is the end of my log from my first trip to the Land of the Rising Sun.

I have been back 6 times since 1990. Each trip brings new perspectives and more wonderful experiences of Japan. It is one of my favourite countries ever visited and I have visited close to 30 countries to date. 

Seize the Day !        

No comments: