Wednesday, October 18, 2017

8 km run in Dongguan China 12 Oct 2017



My run last week as recorded on the Polar M340 watch. Its a really functional device with heart rate monitor, GPS, activity tracker, steps tracker, split km timing and sleep tracker, in addition to telling the time. I would recommend it to those 'weekend warriors' who need a "Personal Kick yourself off the sofa trainer" like myself. 




Outside Dongguan Park 12th Oct 2017 


The coolest feature is of course the software where the owner of the watch can connect with other like minded individuals from all over the world who put up their runs to be scrutinised and dissected although most people would be very encouraging about each newbie's progress. 

This feature to 'relive' the run gives me the opportunity to analyse my fastest speed in km, the max. Heart Rate (177 which is pretty damn high) as well as elevation, cadence, average heart rate and it encourages the scribe in me to record my Run Diary in my own account, so that I a relive how I felt (from Awesome to Horrible) and then take it from there.

As I have put up 2 BHAGs, I had better put my money where my mouth is, so I am really fired up to  do a decent time for the Paris 2018. As I am in Australia in January 2018, I may very well take in 1 marathon (the Tasmania Cadbury Marathon which is held on  Sunday 14th January - I will keep this 3rd BHAG goal in mind).

So I have 3 months to get up to marathon shape ! 

No comments: