Friday, October 16, 2015

Hard Work and a little Luck Always Pays Off


                                            1st time I broke 6 hours in almost 3 years, 2013

      In life, one must always be prepared mentally and physically for tough times. In tough times, we are forced to think out of the box, be as creative as possible, and work hard at all hours and even weekends. That has always been the motto of most all successful people be it in research, business, development, studying and especially in sports.

      In 2013, I had the good fortune of breaking 6 hours, something I had not done in 6 years when I clocked 4 hours 48 minutes in the 2007 marathon. Looking back, the 2007 marathon was not the most prepared one but I had put aside 3 consecutive months to body condition myself and in October took part in the Treadmill Race at my Swimming Club. 

     Now, I am not the most hardworking of runners, but given my age (52) and disposition 
(small business owner with lots of things to do and run around), well training hard for a marathon is well, time consuming, and , hard.

    But I have decided today 17 Oct that I will clock in 50 km per week for the next 6 weeks in the hope that I can do a sub 5 hour marathon end of this year beginning Dec 2015.

    Is it wishful thinking, or will I be up to the task and pull out all the stops, work extremely hard, and with a little luck actually realise my dream of a sub 5 hour marathon ?

    Go for it Mister Mark !!!!!!  


No comments: