Friday, April 27, 2018

Thursday evening Run at ECP ; its all about Risk Management

               Yesterday's run at East Coast Park was another exhilirating run for me ; it was 8 km and I had an average heart rate of 162 which is 98% of my maximum allowable (very close to the limit of 180),  the amount of calories burned was 751 kcal and 7% of fat burned as percentage of calories.

              My average pace was 6 : 52 min / km and maximum pace of a staggering 5 : 25  min / km.I was in the "Good" category running index with an average cadence of 83 (I guess this is the steps per minute) with a best time of 6 : 37 minutes per km. 

               I started at 7.00 pm and covered 8.02 km in total over 55 mins.

             What about Risk Management ? Well yesterday evening it was looking to rain heavily, so rather than sit at home and mope (I had reached home quite early), I calculated the risk, the opportunity cost was for me to stay at home and chill which was not much of an option, so I decided, "Oh Hell, just drive to ECP B1 and sit out the rain if and when it comes".


            So at 6 : 10 I left the house and drove to ECP, along the way at Rochor, the rain came down in sheets, so I knew I had either to a) sit out the rain and run after the downpour, b) run during the downpour and possibly catch a cold or c) make a U turn and go home.

            I decided totally against option (c), so it was either (a) or (b) ; By the time I reached B1 carpark 6.35 pm, it was well and truly coming down 'cats and dogs'. So I decided to read about how better to use my car by studying the User Manual. Call me strange but at this stage in life, the User Manual of my (relatively) new car is something I do look forward to as and when I have the time to look into it to enhance my driving experience.

          At 6.55 pm, the rain more or less cleared 90% (just a drizzle) so I ventured into the nearest hut beside the run track . There I was with the other runners who had yet to start their runs or those whose runs were interrupted.  

         At 7.00 pm I took off in full flight in a light drizzle and the rest is as recorded above by my trusty Polar M430 ; the entire data of the run is recorded and uploaded for posterity and I am greatly encouraged that my fxx ass is off the sofa and onto the running track once again.

         So I took the Risk of venturing out (unlike 95% of the general population) and was rewarded (after sitting it out in the carpark for 20 minutes) with a memorable run and recorded for posterity in this blog.





    

No comments: