Thursday, April 23, 2020

Sanchin Kata Shitoryu




Since I have alot of time during this Lockdown, I decided to upload some of the more popular katas from the ShitoRyu style of karate which I have been practising for 18 years.

The funny thing for me about middle age is that when I first went to the karate class way back in 2002, it was to give my then 2 young sons some exposure to martial arts and ways of protecting themselves in school or elsewhere.

I had been practicing karate on and off since the early 1970s and had trained at the Karate school at Palmer Road under a sensei Stephen. Those days, we trained either at the covered multi-purpose hall outside the Main Building or at the open air basketball court.

How I enjoyed those times, it was the early 1970s, I was 12 years of age. I believe I trained from 1974 to 1978, a total of 5 years attaining a level of full brown.

Fast forward to 2002, and here I was a can-do Dad bringing (no) pulling his 2 young boys  to class and realising that I still had 'it' or the mojo in me.

So, 18 years have passed. I am still at it, practising the ancient art of Shito Ryu. I am past my prime in fitness (easily more than 10 years ago) but still can give decent kicks and punches. 

Here is the first of 25 katas which I had learned and would like to keep for long term memories.

Sanchin Kata ShitoRyu Style.

Thank you for watching.      

No comments: